Renewable Properties is seeking a talented Project Developer responsible for managing solar projects through various stages of development up through commercial operation. The Project Developer will work with various project partners, utilities, land owners, investors, developers and community stakeholders. The ideal candidate is an organized and seasoned Solar Developer with direct experience leading transactions and developing solar projects. The Project Developer must be an innovative thinker, fast-learner, collaborative worker and self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry and track record of success thriving in a high growth environment. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in developing Renewable Properties’ success during this exciting time of explosive growth in a changing and impactful industry.
- Negotiate and pursue land options, discretionary land use approvals, interconnection and power purchase agreements.
- Originate, negotiate and close project investment opportunities.
- Drive business development, project negotiations and new project evaluations in partnership with a multitude of internal and external partners.
- Execute on the development of projects in the Renewable Properties development pipeline.
- Own financial models, development budgets and schedules.
- Gather market intelligence and continuously strive to be an industry leading thinker.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects and work efforts with other team members in an organized, flawless manner.
- 8+ years experience in power plant, solar or real estate development, ideally with some combination of solar project development and financing.
- Demonstrable experience successfully negotiating transactions and closing deals.
- Sophisticated understanding of the environmental and utility regulatory environment.
- Experience managing development budgets and processes.
- Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership and organizational skills.
- Strong business development acumen and exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to resolve time-sensitive issues with precision.
- Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Energy, real estate, engineering, or business related Master’s degree is a plus.