Renewable Properties is seeking a talented Solar Development Associate who can work effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment providing strategic, analytical and process support throughout the project development lifecycle. The Solar Development Associate must be an innovative thinker, fast-learner, collaborative worker and self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry and track record of success thriving in a high growth environment. This position would support the Project Development Department and would report to a Director of Development. The ideal candidate has a combination of research, strategy and execution experience ideally within renewable energy and/or real estate. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in developing Renewable Properties’ success during this exciting time of explosive growth in a changing and impactful industry.
- Manage development and project execution activities, supporting in the areas including, but not limited to site acquisition, real estate and title, interconnection, engineering, survey, environmental and construction.
- Drive research support on regulatory filings, legislative initiatives, competitor activity, capital markets, off-taker priorities, power markets, etc.
- Manage project budgets, documentation and diligence processes.
- Drive transaction support on power marketing activities.
- Successfully interact and collaborate with a variety of external project partners.
- Prepare ad hock analysis and materials for Renewable Properties’ leadership.
- Support contract negotiations and complex transactions by maintaining data rooms and other activities.
- Coordinate input from diverse internal groups and translate into contract terms/structure.
- Assist with preparing utility RFP response materials for power marketing opportunities.
- 4+ years development, construction management, structured finance, real estate or private equity experience (prior experience in renewable energy is a plus).
- Prior success supporting complex transactions, contributing to deal models and managing data rooms.
- Expertise with various facets of the solar project development process (land, interconnection, permitting and power marketing).
- Resourceful and accomplished research skills - ability to effectively utilize publicly-available materials.
- Ability to run complex financial models.
- Ability to succinctly communicate and summarize complex issues into actionable deliverables.
- Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Rigorous attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership and organizational skills.
- Energy, real estate, engineering, or business related Master’s degree is a plus.