Renewable Properties is seeking to bring on a talented Finance Associate to effectively collaborate and support the financing of the Company’s solar projects across the United States. The Associate will provide analytical and process support throughout the solar project financing life cycle. S/he will be responsible for performing transaction analysis, financial modeling and portfolio level reporting. The Associate must be an innovative thinker, fast-learner, collaborative worker and self-starter with a passion for the renewable energy industry and track record of success thriving in a high growth environment. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in developing Renewable Properties’ success during this exciting time of explosive growth in a changing and impactful industry. This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
- Own and complete financial modeling and economic analysis of solar development/investment opportunities.
- Conduct underwriting and due diligence on development and project M&A opportunities.
- Create and manage project data rooms for finance and capital partners.
· Create discrete analysis and supporting documentation to aid in project finance sourcing.
- Perform monthly project budget updates and portfolio level model roll-ups.
- Prepare presentation materials for quarterly reports to investors.
- 2-4 years experience in a transactional industry such as renewables, real estate investment, investment banking, trading and/or private equity.
- Expertise in financial modelling, corporate finance and asset valuation.
- Strong, succinct communication skills in summarizing complex issues into actionable deliverables.
- Experience and/or high aptitude in working with various tax equity structures.
- Quantitative aptitude and proficiency with Excel and other quantitative tools. Integration of models with programming languages is a plus.
- Understanding and curiosity of economic and business concepts and key business drivers.
- Driven, resourceful and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Successful track record working in a fast-paced, transaction environment with tight deadlines dictated by deal flow.
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic, personal responsibility, work product ownership and organizational skills.